Re: Change proposal for ISSUE-85

From: Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:19:23 -0700
To: "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>
> We see this all the time with the target attribute where authors who
> are concerned about validation do avoid the target attribute, but
> substitute it for a technique that bypasses the validator with the
> same result.

That is a great reason to allow target='NewWindowName' as well as .js
open('NewWid=ndowName'. Most browsers will allow @target and can be
user-configured to open in same tab, or new tab, or to follow the
author's wish for a new window that is a child of the existing. Then
we can have a true multiwindow document which is a lot more fun than
multiple tabs. I mean the browsers are rigged for it, so why not?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe