Re: Request for editing guidance

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 07:43:44 -0500
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
Hi Leif,

> if they saw that the WHATwg HTML specification only differed from the
> W3C HTML specification in its license.

I don't understand why a duplicate spec is needed at WHATWG.
Eliminating the WHATWG version would:

* Remove all possibility of errors in differences.
* Eradicate the need to provide comments on differences; there would
be no differences.
* Provide efficiency in abolishing double maintenance.
* Provide the public clarification of which document is authoritative.
* Facilitate the convergence of the two groups as called for in our charter.

Best Regards,
Laura
--
Laura L. Carlson