Re: Request for editing guidance

On 09.06.2010 20:51, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> Competing with another spec is fine on equal ground. That was the core
>> controversy that we had back when Microdata was silently added to the HTML
>> spec.
>
> Well, so by this argument rel and class should be removed and put in
> its own spec. It's clearly not competing on equal ground with RDFa. We
> might even want to put the ".foo" selector from CSS selectors in its
> own spec as to put class on an equal ground with RDFa.

Jonas - sorry - this is really nonsense.

...repeating what I said before: it makes a big difference when
something has been in HTML 4.01 forever, and is in wide use. Microdata
is the contrary of that.

Others in this thread have given good "guidance" on what the role of the
spec editor is; I don't think I can contribute anything useful so, for
once :-), I'll try to resist to follow up.

Best regards, Julian