<figure> bugs in Differences document

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:27:09 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Due to an error Laura made me aware of [1], I have taken a closer look
at what the HTML4-HTML5 Differences document says about <figure>. I
would like all these bugs to be corrected before Hearth Beat

* Section 5.2 Changes from 25 August 2009 to 4 March 2010: [2]

The figure element now uses a new element figcaption rather than legend
because people want to use HTML5 long before it reaches W3C

Bug 1. The last part "because people want to use HTML5 long before
       it reaches W3C Recommendation" seems extremely
Request: Please strike this part of the sentence.

Bug 2. Another spec change is not mentioned at all: between August
       2009 and March 2010, <figure> was moved from section 4.8
       Embedded content to section 4.5 Grouping content.
       See the ToC: http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/#auto-toc-4
Request: Please say that it was moved. And, if you can point
         to a reason for it, say why it was moved.

* Also in section 5.2, immediately after the figure paragraph:

The details element now uses a new element summary for exactly the same

Bug 3: "The details element now uses a new element summary for
        exactly the same reason."
Request: strike the text "for exactly the same reason".

* Section 3.1 New Elements: [3]

figure[1] can be used to associate a caption together with some
embedded content, such as a graphic or video:
		<video src="ogg"></video>
figcaption provides the caption.

Bug 4: It is does not reflect HTML5 to present <figure> as a a way
       to provide captions for embedded content. (It does however
       match Shelley's change proposal before she changed it to a
       proposal to remove <figure>.
Request: Describe what <figure> is meant for.

Bug 5: The URL to HTML points to the incorrect section *and* it it
       does not point *directly* to the heartbeat draft.
Request: Correct the URL

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0206
[2] http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/#changes-2009-08-25
[3] http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/#new-elements