Re: <figure> bugs in Differences document

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:27:09 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli
<xn--mlform-iua@målform.no> wrote:
> Bug 1. The last part "because people want to use HTML5 long before
>        it reaches W3C Recommendation" seems extremely
>        laconic/political/ironic.
> Request: Please strike this part of the sentence.

It is the reason it was renamed. Otherwise <legend> would've been fine.

> Bug 2. Another spec change is not mentioned at all: between August
>        2009 and March 2010, <figure> was moved from section 4.8
>        Embedded content to section 4.5 Grouping content.
>        See the ToC: http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/#auto-toc-4
> Request: Please say that it was moved. And, if you can point
>          to a reason for it, say why it was moved.

I don't think it is relevant to mention this.

> * Also in section 5.2, immediately after the figure paragraph:
>
> ]]
> The details element now uses a new element summary for exactly the same
> reason.
> [[
>
> Bug 3: "The details element now uses a new element summary for
>         exactly the same reason."
> Request: strike the text "for exactly the same reason".

Again, it is the reason.

> * Section 3.1 New Elements: [3]
>
> ]]
> figure[1] can be used to associate a caption together with some
> embedded content, such as a graphic or video:
>  <figure>
>   <video src="ogg"></video>
>   <figcaption>Example</figcaption>
>  </figure>
> figcaption provides the caption.
> [1]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/embedded-content-0.html#the-figure-element
> [[
>
> Bug 4: It is does not reflect HTML5 to present <figure> as a a way
>        to provide captions for embedded content. (It does however
>        match Shelley's change proposal before she changed it to a
>        proposal to remove <figure>.
> Request: Describe what <figure> is meant for.

It does not say captions, it says caption. And that is exactly how HTML5
describes it too.

> Bug 5: The URL to HTML points to the incorrect section *and* it it
>        does not point *directly* to the heartbeat draft.
>            http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/embedded-content-0.html
> Request: Correct the URL

Done.

--