Re: New round of Working Drafts (was Re: New split-out drafts)

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 21:39:51 -0500
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On 01/29/2010 04:58 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> As I noted previously, I don't think W3C HTML WG should commit
> to working on or publishing microdata at this time, without
> resolving the overall issue of extensibility or Microdata
> vs RDFa vs. both.
>
> To the question of whether to publish the document in W3C
> as a FPWD (given that the document has been widely announced
> as available from WHATWG anywhere) I think at a minimum it
> needs analogous edits as went into the RDFa document

I support these edits for the following reasons:

- It is more descriptive of the current status of RDFa, Microdata,
  and decentralized extensibility than the previous text.
- It doesn't prevent further Microdata development, but is a clear
  indication that Microdata is far from being published as a REC.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Monarch - Next Generation REST Web Services
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/12/14/monarch/