W3C document license Re: ISSUE-27: rel-ownership - Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:28:31 -0500
Cc: "Roy T.Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>

Le 22 janv. 2010 à 05:10, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
> This reminds me of W3C staff arguing that the W3C Document License doesn't need to permit certain things explicitly because they are Fair Use.

1. I'm not sure who told you that, because I never heard this argument at W3C when I was in the Team.
2. When I was still in W3C Team, I answer to your claim that
	"it was an issue to include part of W3C specs
	in your software as documentation because
	of the license"
that it was moot. All publishers of books, translators do exactly that.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada