Re: What defines a "plugin"? WRT sandboxing?

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Adam Barth wrote:
>> The long term solution is to let plugins participate in the sandbox
>> security model and then add an allow-plugins directive that re-enables
>> them, which is where this thread started N thousand words ago.
>
> Indeed.
>
> Can we please try to make process here?

Yes, that would be much better than going in circles here.  :)

There was another fellow from Adobe who was interested in helping with
specifying the API.  Have you synched up with him?

> I have started a Wiki page at <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Plugins:SandboxedPlugins>,

That looks to be mostly requirements.  I think we need someone to step
up and propose an API.  I can help, but it will take me a bit to get
up to speed on NPAPI.  We should continue this discussion on
plugin-futures.

> and I have also pointed
> out that HTML5 currently doesn't have a solid definition of "plugin" (see
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1275.html>) --
> should I open a BugZilla issue for that?

That can't hurt.  :)

Adam