Re: <iframe doc="">

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>
> Sorry if I'm offending or hurting feelings, but there was no consensus
>
> on this. How could there be consensus on this? And now, the only way
>
> to reverse this unilateral decision is _we_ have to now go through the
>
> Decision process.
>
> There was quite a bit of discussion.  You were even in on it.
>

> But there was no consensus. Not unless I missed Maciej doing a "call
> for concensus on ...."
>
> I would not expect the Chairs to start doing that in the middle of mailing
> list discussions.
> In this case, I did see some people object before the fact to having markup
> in attributes in general, I saw people supporting the change, and I saw some
> people giving feedback on the details without endorsing one way or the
> other.
> This thread is veering awfully close to process discussion, so let's take it
> to www-archive or otherwise offlist if we need to go deeper into such
> questions.
> Regards,
> Maciej

This is a very legitimate discussion to have in this group. Ian made a
unilateral decision in the midst of a discussion on whether this doc
(or srcdoc as it's now known) should be added to the specification. We
are disagreeing with this decision, and are expressing such a
disagreement.

By attempting to re-frame this into a procedure issue, only, you are
stifling descent on this change.

Shelley