Re: Suggestion for Microdata to RDF conversion

P.S. as I just saw Ian's comment on IRC[1]:

This algorithm ignores non-RDF structures such as

or

because common RDF vocabularies simply don't use URI patterns
like "http://example.com/" or "http://example.com/a/" to
declare resource types.

Requiring OWL magic to convert Microdata to its target
RDF vocabulary makes Microdata even more complex to understand
than RDFa. OWL is well beyond what a Microdata-to-RDF parser
writer should need to know.

Cheers,
Benji

[1] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20100122#l-168