Re: Suggestion for Microdata to RDF conversion

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:26:39 -0600
To: Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Cc: bnowack@semsol.com, public-html@w3.org
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
> I misunderstood what you were trying to do. Can you outline the steps needed
> to get the triples in your example? If you start out with
> http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person, name and img, would you HTTP GET
> http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person, hope to find an RDF Schema and find within
> it something relating to "name" and "img"? As far as I can see
> http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person redirects to an HTML page that uses RDFa to
> encode the RDF schema.

If I'm reading correctly, he's assuming that, by chopping off the last
part of the itemtype url, one then obtains a prefix which you can
append individual itemprop names to and get a valid url for rdf.
Apparently the common practice with RDF url structures makes this
fairly reliable.

(I know nothing about common url-structuring practices in the RDF
communities, and I may be misinterpreting Ben in the first place.)

~TJ