Re: Inadequate rationales (Was: Change Proposals and Counter-Proposals)

Shelley Powers wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>> Shelley has observed a number of cases where the rationales that were
>>> supposed to be provided were not adequate (and, no, I don't believe that
>>> any response that amounts to "go dig in the email archives" is an
>>> adequate response).
>> This happens occasionally (especially on editorial issues) when I'm doing
>> a lot of bugs at once. Everyone should please feel free to reopen bugs for
>> which they feel my rationale was inadequate.
>>
>> --
>
>> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
>
> You rather scathingly told me not to do this when I did, and told me
> there was a procedure in place, and to raise an issue and NOT to
> reopen the bug.

I have no interest in revisiting the current set of WONTFIX bugs that
led to the current set of open issues.  Going forward, I would prefer
reopening bugs with inadequate rationales over raising issues -- even if
that should happen to be over the stated wishes of both the person
raising the issue and the editor.

And to be clear: by inadequate, I mean "not enough there", not "I disagree".

> Shelley

- Sam Ruby