Re: <iframe doc="">

From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:05:05 -0600
To: "Edward O'Connor" <hober0@gmail.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>, public-html@w3.org
On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd really like to see a more formal change proposal in support of
>> this attribute.
>
> That would be getting ahead of things. doc="" is currently at the
> initial stage of the WG's chartered decision policy[1] ("We expect
> that typically, an editor makes an initial proposal..."). The next
> step (assuming disagreement) would be to invoke the Basic Process of
> the chairs' decision policy by filing a Bugzilla bug[2]. Change
> Proposals don't happen until the Escalated Process, much farther down
> the line.

I don't have enough knowledge of the feedback that Ian as received,
nor am I aware of the relevant use cases driving this change.

I would have to disagree, then, unless I see a more comprehensive
proposal. Ian doesn't have to provide a formal change proposal, but I
don't think it's unreasonable to ask to see more than

"Quick heads-up:

Maciej, I will be adding a specification for the oft-discussed doc=""
attribute on <iframe> to the HTML5 spec in the near future."

> --
> Ted

Shelley