Re: New split-out drafts

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I gather that in response to feedback you have done a bit of recombining
> of these drafts. And I see that the postmsg spec has been proposed as a
> Web Apps WG work item (to generally positive reception). Could you
> update us on the current list of drafts you think should be published? I
> could take my best guess but I figure it's better to ask explicitly.

Sure.

This draft has includes the bulk of what I've been editing for this
working group:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/

Microdata is currently here:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/

This draft is pending some changes in line with my last e-mail to make it
a standalone draft that just happens to be layered on top of W3C HTML5.

A version of the 2D Context draft edited by me is here:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/

There is some discussion about whether this draft should be published or
whether instead a different version of this spec should be published. If I
end up editing this draft on an ongoing basis, then I would like
instruction on whether to cast this as part of W3C HTML5, a stand-alone
draft, or something else.

A spec containing postMessage and MessagePort is here:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/postmsg/

This may end up recast as a WebApps WG draft. If it is not, then I would
like instruction on whether to cast this as part of W3C HTML5, a
stand-alone draft, or something else.

A spec containing the <device> element, a next-generation feature not
intended for publication under the "HTML5" banner, and primarily developed
through discussions in public-device-apis@w3.org, is here:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-device/

This draft is nowhere near ready for close review.

HTH,