Re: New split-out drafts vs. modular design

Shelley Powers wrote:
> If the WhatWG wants to create something called Web Applications 1.0,
> and include the HTML5 document in it, with the others, there
> shouldn't be any confusion. It would help if the WhatWG folks point
> out the W3C counter-parts,

That's already been done.

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#What_are_the_various_versions_of_the_spec.3F

And this page attempts to show their relationship to one another
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/diagram.html

> It would also help if the WhatWG folks pointed people to our bug
> databases,

The WHATWG copy of the spec already includes the quick bug reporting
tool script, which does indeed allow readers to submit bugs to the W3C
bugzilla instance.

> since we seem to have a change procedure in place (the
> WhatWG does not). And it would ensure that all bugs are tracked in
> one place--something I would think we would all want.

The WHATWG has operated for years without having to adopt a formal
change procedure like we have here because the group is not as
dysfunctional this one.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/