Re: sections removed, current and ongoing

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:07:42 -0800
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd
>> just like some discussion before any of them get accepted with nothing
>> more than the OP's assertions being heard.  If we had had a normal
>> discussion and Hixie still said "Eh, I'm cutting <details>.", I would
>> have been fine with it.  I'd still disagree with the decision, but I'd
>> at least know that it had been properly considered, which I do not
>> feel is happening right now.
>>
>> I just don't like the mailing list being completely bypassed by the
>> tracking database.  Discussion should happen here, not in the bug
>> tracker.
>>

> We're told not to clutter up the email lists with these discussions,
> to take items that are unlikely to reach lazy consensus through the
> formal change proposal.

My impression was that resorting to bugs was a second step if
discussions on email list were not fruitful.

The email list, as I understand it, is still our main form of
communication, and still where most technical discussions are taking
place.

Otherwise, is there a reason we wouldn't cc the public-html list by
default on all bugs? (There are ways to accomplish essentially this in
bugzilla).

/ Jonas

/ Jonas