Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

2010/1/8 Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>:
> Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> I approve of publishing this. We're planning on implementing this in
>> Firefox, though don't have a specific timeline yet. Hopefully there
>> will be some support in Firefox 3.7, definitely in the release after
>> that.
>
> Just out of curiosity -- do you plan to implement just microdata API or
> also make some UI for working with metadata -- e.g. something similar to
> Operator plug-in (http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4106). If the
> later is the case, do you plan to support only microdata or also
> selected microformats and RDFa vocabularies?

We plan on implementing the DOM API as well as notification hooks for
extensions, but no UI at this point. The hooks for extensions will
enable an extension to get notified whenever a page is loaded which
contains a particular microdata vocabulary. The hope is then that this
will make it easy for extensions to add UI themselves.

This is similar to what the operator extension already does for RDFa.

/ Jonas