Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>> bgcolor was deprecated in HTML4.01, "Deprecated" being the closest
>> status HTML4.01 had to HTML5's "Obsolete but conforming". So my
>> proposal would actually treat longdesc the exact same way we have
>> treated bgcolor, just one spec cycle behind.
>
> <co-chair hat off>
>
> The notion that HTML5 introduces of "Obsolete but conforming" should
> be revisited.
>
> - Sam Ruby

I agree with this one: the way we have it now will introduce all sorts
of confusion.

I think I had an issue on this once, before we started the current
decision process. I closed the issue. I suppose we should check to see
if there's a bug and if not, start one. I suppose I should, but I'm so
tired of writing.

Shelley