Re: [Uri-review] ACTION-103 Follow up on the about: scheme Registration

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:26:11 +0100
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
CC: Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten <joseph@josephholsten.com>, uri-review@ietf.org, public-html <public-html@w3.org>, URI <uri@w3.org>
On 09.02.2010 11:19, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Is that all that remains?
> I'm not aware of anything else.

One comment, one nit:

"7. Relative "about" URIs

    As "about" URIs do not use a hierarchical path, relative "about" URIs
    are not permitted."

I think this is misleading.

A relative reference, as defined in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#rfc.section.4.2>, does
not contain a URI scheme (by definition). So it's meaningless to talk
about the scheme of a reference.

In doubt, just drop the paragraph.

2) The spec talks a lot about reserved "about:" URIs, but does not state
how they can be reserved. I understand that there is no process for
that, and that this is by design, but maybe it should be stated more

That being said, once the recent comments are addressed I would advise
to request publication.

Best regards, Julian