Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs

From: Martin Kliehm <martin.kliehm@namics.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:20:56 +0100
To: W3C HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
CC: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 17.02.2010 12:32, Sam Ruby wrote:
> The rules for a Formal Objection can be found here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies#WGArchiveMinorityViews
>
> An individual who registers a Formal Objection SHOULD cite technical
> arguments and propose changes that would remove the Formal
> Objection; these proposals MAY be vague or incomplete. Formal
> Objections that do not provide substantive arguments or rationale
> are unlikely to receive serious consideration by the Director.
>
> At the present time, I don't see any specific, substantive actionable
> technical arguments in this part of your objection. That being said, I
> am quite willing to participate in the forwarding of this objection to
> the Director, and encourage you to provide more specifics. I fear that
> until or unless this is done, your Formal Objection will not be met with
> serious consideration until it has be augmented with substantiative
> details on what exactly needs to be fixed.

I appreciate your efforts to convince me and also the linking of the
relevant documents. I was familiar with them at the time of my writing,
and I know that it's your right to deem my objections insubstantive or
insufficient and proceed without consideration. I still think they are
substantial. But it's fine that we disagree, and I have no bad feelings
about it. ;)

Cheers,
   Martin