FW: 2010-02-09 Meeting Notes

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:59:07 +0000
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
FYI -

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Krueger
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:00 PM
To: 'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'
Subject: 2010-02-09 Meeting Notes

HTML Task Force Meeting Notes

Full meeting notes -> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/09-htmlt-minutes.html

Jonathan Griffin (thanks!) is taking action item http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/6 to come back with a example ref case for the group.  The biggest discussion was around leveraging the old DOM HTML Test suite, which contains a number of tests that are part of HTML5.  If you have feedback on this please respond to the alias.

My feedback on this is first the harness is pretty complex and doesn't run in all browsers.  Which would go against the notion of 'test dependencies' that was discussed at the 1-26-2010 meeting.  Also a few tests seem to fail in all browsers, which seems like these test should only get moved if indeed they correct per the HTML5 spec.  Though I would argue that we should update the HTML5 spec to align with browsers implementation that exists today for compatibility.

-Kris