Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> As I'm always for publishing WDs, I support these publications.
>>
>> However I would prefer to see the the various microdata vocabularies
>> removed from the microdata spec. However I don't care if this happens
>> before or after FPWD.
>
> Done.

Thank you Ian.

With the removal of the microdata vocabularies from the microdata (now
syntax and processing model) spec, I strongly support the publication
of the FPWD of

> HTML Microdata: http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/

I just re-read the entire draft and must say it gets more readable
each time. My compliments to the editor.

One minor typo (which would be nice to see fixed before publication) :

In http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/#examples

itemprop="street-address">Avenue Q</span>.</span>

should be:

itemprop="street-address">Avenue Q</span>.</span>

s/dome/home that is.

Regarding the other drafts:

> HTML 5: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/

Support publication.

> HTML+RDFa: http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/

While my opinion on RDFa is that it is a syntax that is too
unfriendly/impractical for web developers/designers on a whole, and
thus undesirable as something to be recommended (especially by W3C), I
believe in the benefits of pursuing at least the conceptual
development of multiple approaches, both for the benefits of each
technology as a whole (borrowing from each others advances), and also
for better understanding the larger "problem space" that such
technologies seek to address.

Thus, support publication.

> HTML Canvas 2D Context: http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/
> HTML: The Markup Language: http://dev.w3.org/html5/markup/

Support publication.

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/

Strongly support updated publication.

Anne has done a very good job with this document and it has already
served to help many web developers and designers with understanding at
least some of the changes from HTML4 to HTML5 - this has been my
direct personal experience working with numerous web developers and
designers.

Thanks,

Tantek Çelik

--