Re: ISSUE-27: rel-ownership - Chairs Solicit Proposals

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> Change proposal follows.
>
> Summary
>
> This change replaces the Wiki link relation registry with that defined in "Web Linking," an IETF draft proposed for Standards Track, while aligning HTML5's use of links with that described therein.

This seems relatively uncontroversial; I suggest we just go with the
usual lightweight bug process for this rather than the full-on Change
Proposal process and so on.

My only suggestion really would be that we get several different
people to exercise the registry to see how and whether it works in
practice. We could have a few people register the various HTML5
fields, and a few people register some rel values from the spec or
from the wiki, and see if the process is effective. If it is, then
referring to it seems like a no-brainer and I'd be happy to make the
appropriate changes.

Cheers,
--
Ian Hickson