Re: "image analysis heuristics" (ISSUE-66)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:19:30 +0100
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Shelley Powers wrote:
> Over my years of working for/with Boeing, Halliburton/Sierra Geophysics,
> Standard Insurance, Weyerhauser, Nike, Intel, Multnomah County in
> Oregon, John Hancock, Harvard University, Stanford University,
> ExpressScripts, and others, most of the competent software engineers I
> worked with made sure they thoroughly understood what they needed to
> know, in order to do the job right.
>
> And most were usually competent enough to a) click a link, and b)
> understand the concept of a link leading to another reference.
> Then the browser developers you describe are not what I consider to be
> competent software engineers. Lazy, comes to mind.
>
> (And no, I don't think browser developers are incompetent, or lazy.)

+1

On the other hand, there's also lazy spec writing (in general, just not
over here). For instance, many authors - when they link to other specs -
apparently are too lazy to make their references precise (why should I
add a section reference when the reader can figure that out him/herself?)

Best regards, Julian