Re: Integration of HTM

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:01:43 -0800
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Sorry to bring this up again, but can we please please please use a
different term than "shadow DOM". "Shadow DOM" is already used for a
very different thing in XBL2, and I'm worried about confusion.

Several other terms have been suggested, such as "Fallback DOM", "DOM
inside <canvas>", "Accessibility DOM", "Accessibility tree", "fallback
tree".

I think this would be beneficial for both XBL2 and for the
accessibility discussions not to have these things confused.

Best Regards,
Jonas Sicking
Mozilla