Re: New round of Working Drafts (was Re: New split-out drafts)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:26:15 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Ian Hickson wrote:
>> 3. References
>>
>>> [HTML5]
>>> HTML5, I. Hickson. WHATWG, August 2009.
>> The HTML5 reference in this document points to the WHAT WG version of
>> HTML5.  This reference should be changed in the W3C FPWD to point to the
>> W3C version of HTML5.
>
> Why?

For once, it points to a spec called "HTML5 (including next generation
additions still in development)" which includes Microdata. That doesn't
make any sense at all.

But I guess Paul's point was that a W3C spec that extended HTML5
preferably should normatively reference the W3C version (with which I
agree).

A bigger issue is that the draft (at least the Feb 03 version at
<http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/>) re-introduces the predefined vocabularies
that were removed from HTML5 earlier on; I believe that is either an
oversight, or an attempt to undo an earlier change. Whatever the reason
is, I object to the publication of this with this addition.

Best regards, Julian