Re: suggestion for abolition of <hgroup>

Hi James,

> <section>
> <h1>I am a heading</h1>
> <h2 subtitle>I am an unamusing subtitle</h2>
> </section>
>
> What happens if there is no non-subtitle heading?
>
> <section>
> <h2 subtitle>I am having an identity crisis</h2>
> </section>

make
<h2 subtitle>I am having an identity crisis</h2>

without a previous sibling heading a conformance error and modify the
algorithm so it ignores the subtitle attribute if the heading it is on
does not have a previous sibling which is a heading

> It also seems like people might mistakenly use it for subheadings rather
> than subtitles:
> <h1>I am a heading</h1>
> <h2 subtitle>I am a subheading</h2>

make
<h2 subtitle>I am a subheading</h2>

without a previous sibling heading a conformance error and modify the
algorithm so it ignores the subtitle attribute if the heading it is on
does not have a previous sibling which is a heading

regards
stevef

--
with regards