Re: suggestion for abolition of <hgroup>

On 12/02/2010 11:15 AM, Bruce Lawson wrote:

> So, let's make it explicit - so people like Leif who do want adjacent
> headings in a header but not suppress one in the outline. But instead of
> a weird grouping element, let's have a subtitle attribute that people
> can use to suppress a h1 .. h6 from the outline.
>
> This
>
> <h1>BruceLawson.co.uk</h1>
> <h2 subtitle>Gorgeousness in a gimp mask</h2>

Interesting idea. It leaves open some edge cases though. Presumably if
you have a <section> with a heading the subtitle is the subtitle of that
section:

<section>
<h1>I am a heading</h1>
<h2 subtitle>I am an unamusing subtitle</h2>
</section>

What happens if there is no non-subtitle heading?

<section>
<h2 subtitle>I am having an identity crisis</h2>
</section>

It also seems like people might mistakenly use it for subheadings rather
than subtitles:

<section>
<h1>I am a heading</h1>
<h2 subtitle>I am a subheading</h2>