Re: Issue 130

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> In either case whether its browser based or AT based heuristics there
> appears to be a distinct possibility that a false identification will
> occur.

Yep.

As mentioned, this risk is heavily exacerbated by the lack of
optimization and standardization.

Note this is also a (lesser) risk with the infinitesimal slice of the
corpus making use of role="presentation". It's remotely possible that
the best results would actually be achieved by treating
role="presentation" as just another (heavily weighted) flag rather
than as authoritative. I guess we'll have to wait and see how authors
and authoring tools implement role="presentation". Regardless of what
the HTML5 spec ultimately says about it, I would not be surprised to
see plenty of false positives and negatives.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis