Re: <!DOCTYPE html> vs (polyglot) spec

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:22:39 -0700 (PDT)
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: HTMLwg <public-html@w3.org>, Eliot Graff <eliotgra@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
"Leif Halvard Silli" <xn--mlform-iua@målform.no> wrote:

> 1) How does the HTML serialization look like? <link /> or <link>?

Either, but if I were writing an editor, I'd use <link>.

> 2) Do you have behavior data?

I don't.

> Btw, what are 'tools like KompoZer'?

Tools that are dedicated to Web authoring but nonetheless put GUI of the MacWrite heritage between the user and the markup.

Indeed. http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/#choosing

> In practice, this would lead to Quirks Mode galore.

Not necessarily if the app uses the right file name extensions (.xhtml).

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi