ISSUE-66 image-analysis: informal consensus check

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:08:57 -0700
To: public-html WG <public-html@w3.org>

The Chairs would like to proceed towards resolving this issue. We have
the following proposals submitted:

Change Proposal: Strike paragraph allowing image analysis for
accessibility.
     http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImageHeuristics
(Recently endorsed by the A11Y Task Force.)

Change Proposal: There is no problem and the proposed remedy is to
change nothing.
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0194.html

Change Proposal: Include more detail about possible image repair
techniques.
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0195.html

I'd like to check whether we are close to consensus on any of these
options. If so, we will seek amicable resolution. If not, then the
chairs will likely proceed to resolve the issue by other means, such
as via survey.

Regards,
Maciej