Re: Final thoughts (Was RE: General Response to the Accessibility Task force on Issues 90, 91, 93, 96, 97)

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:56:57 -0400
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
CC: "'Shelley Powers'" <shelley.just@gmail.com>, "'Laura Carlson'" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "'HTML Accessibility Task Force'" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>
On 04/22/2010 05:46 PM, John Foliot wrote:
[snip]

> The cast has been set: there are two visions currently before the larger
> Working Group regarding these semantic elements, there is a declared
> deadline of May 6th for continued discussion and alternative proposals,
> and there is a Consensus mechanism within the W3C that provides for a
> means of quelling both filibuster and addressing minority dissent within
> the overall goal of Consensus. Each will have their day.

I agree with the above paragraph.  As to the rest: I would have
preferred that it not appear on public-html.  This conversation looked
like it was veering off course and a number of people (in particular:
Maciej and Laura) had brought this back to discussions of the technical
merits of the various proposals.

I found this email to be unfortunate in that it creates the significant
possibility of bringing this discussion back into unproductive territory.

Note: I did not say whether I agreed or disagreed with any of the
paragraphs I had elided, I simply said that I would have rather that
they not have appeared on public-html.  I will ask everybody to not
respond to those paragraphs.

> Respectfully
>
> JF

- Sam Ruby