ISSUE-90, ISSUE-91, ISSUE-93, ISSUE-95, ISSUE-96, ISSSUE-97: (new semantic elements/attributes) - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:59:19 -0700
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>

The current status for these issues:

- We have a Working Group draft that includes a number of new semantic
elements and attributes.
- We have Change Proposals submitted that propose removing some of
these:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/removefigure
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/removeaside
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/removedetails
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/removehidden
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/removeprogress
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/removemeter

At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit alternate Change
Proposals (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal Details), in
case anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a different
change than the specific one in the existing Change Proposal.

During discussion of these proposals, very similar arguments have been
mustered for and against the submitted proposals. The Chairs believe
that a single counter-proposal may be sufficient to address all six of
these issues, and are willing to accept submissions along those lines.
Separate counter- or alternate proposals will also be accepted.

If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by May
6th, 2010, we proceed with a Call for Consensus on Shelley's Change
Proposals.

Regards,
Maciej