Re: Serialization of PI misses ending question mark

From: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:44:22 +0200
To: "Leif Halvard Silli" <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>
> In HTML 4 a PI ends with a ">" - not with a "?>" But perhaps you
> have additional info about things work in "the wild"?
You're right, I forgot that XML redefined PIC. (They may have liked the symmetry, and also ?> was a rare sequence, so forbidding it inside is less of an obstacle than for >.) I suppose I've seen ?> in HTML many times in actual contents, but without noticing anything extraordinary. Technically, there's no error, as a PI ending with ?> just has the question mark added to the content. But I assume this often isn't intended. The opposite cases are impossible thanks to XML's draconianness.

No change required.

Best regards,

Krzysztof