Re: what is dt?

From: Lars Gunther <gunther@keryx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:41:29 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
2009-09-18 21:55, Leif Halvard Silli skrev:
> I must say that <dl figure > is a smaller jump than <p caption >.

I would say the opposite. As stated: In a normal dl the ORDER between dt
and dd is important. In figure they are supposed not to be.

Confusing!

<dl figure> would mean that the order MIGHT be important depending on an
attribute. That is a very significant change to come from an attribute.

If that is too much of a redefinition of p lets use:

<dl figure> says "While this element has the NAME definition list, in
essence it is not such a list at all and its tag name is totally
meaningless." And getElementsByTagName is not an option to use any more
either.

It would be like a zoologist would say <mammal fish> "Yeah, the name is
mammal, but I really mean fish (and I am NOT talking about whales)." --

(2nd attempt, not from my Gmail this time...)

--
Lars Gunther
http://keryx.se/