Re: ACTION-103 Follow up on the about: scheme Registration

From: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:36:52 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, <public-html@w3.org>
> We don't want quirks-mode documents to be valid. about:blank is in quirks
> mode. So I think it follows that about:blank has to be invalid.
Oh, well. If that's intentional, I assume it also follows that about:blank SHOULD NOT be used, even if it's nowhere written officially.

> It's not clear to me why this matters, other than spec purity, which our
> design principles say comes last in terms of priorities.
It has weight nevertheless. (Sometimes it looks like as if its weight was considered to be negative by some.) I'm willing to swap it with the third principle.

Overall, I think we can live with it as it is, so I don't intend to push it, only kindly suggest that a note in the RFC would be appropriate to the effect of the abovementioned SHOULD NOT.

Regards,

Krzysztof