Re: what is dt?

Shelley wrote:
> I refer people to Remy Sharp's look at this topic[1], and his
> validation of label being acceptable. I would rather have caption,
> but the same problem applies: if caption is used out of table, some
> browsers will discard from the DOM.
>
> Then again, what might better is to define a new element, called
> either c, or even "element_caption" that can be used as a caption
> for it's container, without being anchored to a specific element.
> However, if label works, that's so much better.

Alas, <label> turned out to have its own problems with <details>. It's
lack of keyboard focus (pointed out by Gez Lemon) means it can't be
used for an interactive element.

That doesn't apply to <figure> though, which is one of the reasons why
I wanted to keep discussions of <details> and <figure> separate.

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o

http://adactio.com/