RE: Opera 10.10 recently added longdesc support

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'Laura Carlson'" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "'Jonas Sicking'" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "'Aryeh Gregor'" <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, "'Cynthia Shelly'" <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>, "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>, <public-html@w3.org>
Laura Carlson wrote:

> I wasn't arguing that. I was stating a fact about Opera's support.

...and for those on the implementation side of things, I'm sure many of us
reading this note are aware of Kyle Weems CSSquirrel comic/blog:
http://www.cssquirrel.com/comic/?comic=36 .  Kyle has started to add both
longdesc and aria-describedby to his weekly comic, and while he has admitted
that it *does* add slightly to his workload, he's also shown that it is both
possible and reasonable to do.

I am very happy Kyle, and I commend you!

Cheers!

JF