Re: Opera 10.10 recently added longdesc support

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:00:15 +0100
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Jonas Sicking wrote:
> if you think this was a bad idea, it'll be much
> more productive to try to gather support for the extension than to try
> to argue in the bug. Extensions is a primary way for us to gather data
> on how popular a particular feature is. We always look towards popular
> extensions for ideas for features to integrate into Firefox.

Don't really care about the longdesc attribute either way, but ages ago
I did a little proof-of-concept longdesc extension

which some people seem to like.

Patrick H. Lauke

http://webstandards.org/