Re: Accessibility Task Force

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:44:49 -0400
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)" <mike@w3.org>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>, W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Sam Ruby writes:
> Janina Sajka wrote:
>>
>> I am no attorney, nor do I seek to play one in email. But I would
>> bluntly ask whether we're relying on expert legal counsel, or our own
>> lay understanding here?
>
> I'll answer that equally straightforwardly: from my perspective, we are
> trying to find a solution that avoids significant time delay and
> resolves the concerns expressed.
>
> If it turns out that what PLH proposed is unacceptable, then we will
> simply continue to work to find a solution that is acceptable, even if
> it takes longer.

Thank you, Sam, for this straight forward response.

I agree that we need to get to work on the technology. I am fully on
board with a results oriented approach.

Is there a "but" in my mind? Well, sort of. There's the concern that
people from both the HTML and PF sides feel comfortable with the
process. The history of the past few years, before I was involved
myself, appears to have been rather unproductively tendencious much of
the time. So, I am concerned that we do our best to create a collegial
environment. I think that is also important for the results we seek.

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;
		sip:janina@CapitalAccessibility.Com

Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org