Re: Accessibility Task Force

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 04:58:21 -0400
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
CC: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)" <mike@w3.org>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>, W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Janina Sajka wrote:

> I am no attorney, nor do I seek to play one in email. But I would
> bluntly ask whether we're relying on expert legal counsel, or our own
> lay understanding here?

I'll answer that equally straightforwardly: from my perspective, we are
trying to find a solution that avoids significant time delay and
resolves the concerns expressed.

If it turns out that what PLH proposed is unacceptable, then we will
simply continue to work to find a solution that is acceptable, even if
it takes longer.

> Janina

- Sam Ruby