Re: More on SVG within HTML pages

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 21:46:11 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
CC: public-html@w3.org
Shelley Powers wrote:
> Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>> FWIW if you install the Firefox DOM Inspector extension, select the
>> SVG element in its view, and choose "Copy XML" from the context menu I
>> think you'll get correct results.
>>

> Tried it out. Very nice.
>
> It also corrects missing end tags, and most other malformed markup. Does
> an excellent job of correcting the XML.

In the interests of full disclosure, all "Copy XML" does is effectively
create a range containing that one node and then invoke the normal "copy
the selection to the clipboard" command.  And all that does is take the
DOM Range and serialize it to a string.  All the fixup has already
happened long before this, in the parser.

-Boris