Re: More on SVG within HTML pages

From: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 20:29:52 -0500
To: robert@ocallahan.org
CC: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, public-html@w3.org, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Shelley Powers
> <shelleyp@burningbird.net <mailto:shelleyp@burningbird.net>> wrote:
>
>     But in HTML5 served as HTML, we do allow crufty stuff in, such as
>     unquoted attributes. I modified my test case at
>     http://burningbird.net/newbook/testhtml5.php, incorporating crappy
>     markup we would expect from HTML. The SVG is still rendered. I
>     copied and pasted the SVG into a separate file, at
>     http://burningbird.net/newbook/circle.svg. Needless to say, the
>     crappy markup caused the FF nightly to barf.
>

> FWIW if you install the Firefox DOM Inspector extension, select the
> SVG element in its view, and choose "Copy XML" from the context menu I
> think you'll get correct results.

Tried it out. Very nice.

It also corrects missing end tags, and most other malformed markup. Does
an excellent job of correcting the XML.

> Rob

Shelley