Re: More on SVG within HTML pages

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 16:05:33 -0500
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Maciej wrote:
> (46 errors, specifically about the use of attributes from foreign
> namespaces in a way that is not allowed by SVG 1.1 itself.)

Am I misunderstanding something?  Actually that use of namespaced
attributes and elements is perfectly valid from what I can see.

"Attribute "sodipodi:version" is not a valid attribute"

Why?  The sodipodi namespace and prefix have been declared on the root element?

Is this just a bug in the valdiator?

Jeff