Re: Implementor feedback on new elements in HTML5

On Sep 1, 2009, at 07:14 , Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> - <dialog> element
>>   This essentially gives the same behavior as <dl> but with
>> appropriate
>> semantics for logs of conversations. It seems useful and easy to
>> implement.
>
> Useful for what? I don't yet understand what anyone needs this
> element for.

Yeah, unlike the others this one doesn't strike me as making the cut.
As currently specified it doesn't see to me to be up to representing
all but the simplest form of dialogue. You need more structure than
that for a screenplay, and even a chat log requires things like joins/
parts. This seems best left up to a form of microdata.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/