Last Call Criteria (Re: WhatWG Issued last call for HTML5)

On Oct 27, 2009, at 3:20 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> What does this mean for the work in this group?
>
> http://blog.whatwg.org/html5-at-last-call

Nothing. HTML WG is not taking the draft to Last Call at this time. We
haven't yet discussed in detail the HTML WG's criteria for going to
Last Call with a draft. I propose that at the very least we need to do
the following:

1) Resolve all bugzilla bugs and tracker issues (up to some cutoff
date, after which new issues would be considered Last Call issues).
2) Define CR Exit Criteria (including what features will be labeled At
Risk).
3) Pass a Working Group resolution to enter Last Call, by lazy
consensus or vote/poll.

I haven't discussed a projected timeline with my co-chairs, but it is
my personal judgment that by these criteria, we can get to Last Call
sometime in the first half of calendar 2010.

Personally, I'd like to be able to estimate a realistic target date
for HTML WG HTML5 Last Call. We have missed the previous estimates of
Q2 2008 and October, 2009. To make a realistic estimate, we need to
decide as a Working Group what our Last Call criteria will be, and get
a sense of how quickly we can move through the tracker issues.

Regards,
Maciej