Re: Proposal to publish HTML5 and vocab specs

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:44:08 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: public-html@w3.org
Ian Hickson wrote:

> Note that the WHATWG announced earlier today, after reaching zero
> outstanding issues, that HTML5 was now at Last Call at the WHATWG.

By "zero outstanding issues" you mean "zero outstanding issues from
WHATWG point of view"?

Personally, I don't think that it was good idea to publish spec as
WHATWG last call when it is not ready to go to last call in W3C -- this
will greatly confuse people. At the end of you blog entry you wrote
"...HTML5 is a joint effort of W3C and WHATWG groups..." -- I would
expect that in joint effort groups are working closely together and that
they synchronize their publication/review cycles as much as possible in
order to not confuse people.

Have a nice day,

				Jirka