Re: Issues arising from not reparsing

Olivier GENDRIN wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@ltgt.net> wrote:
>> In <style><!--...--></style>, the <!-- and --> are part of the
>> stylesheet: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#comments
>> I don't think HTML5 should change and go farther than parsing "style"
>> as RAWTEXT.
>
> Yes, I think that it's a demand made by Daniel Glazman as CSS WG
> co-chair in june 2007 [1] : let the CSS part of the UA handle the
> content of <style> (there may be a more explicit message, did not find
> it)
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0876.html

And I reaffirm that two years-old opinion.

Guys, are there still browsers choking on a &lt; in a stylesheet?
In other terms are the SGML comments delimiters still needed since
html5 has its own parsing model ? (naive questions, I'm not spending
my time testing this kind of things in legacy or modern browsers...)

</Daniel>