Re: ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5.

From: David Bolter <david.bolter@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:44:54 -0400
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Lars Gunther <gunther@keryx.se>, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
On 22/10/09 11:18 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> I don't know if a handful of pages can be used to formed an opinion.
> But if we had info about a handful of UAs that support ARIA, about
> whether they always let ARIA over-rule the default semantics, then
> that would definitely be helpful.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#mapping_role

ARIA roles override the implicit host language roles unless there is no
good mapping from the ARIA role to the desktop accessibility API.

Firefox currently respects ARIA roles where supplied, and falls back to
host language mappings where necessary.

cheers,
David