Re: Microdata design philosophies

Martin McEvoy wrote:

> It ridiculous, and it gets worse the further along you get. its an ugly
> specification, totally unexpected from a learned community.

This is *NOT* constructive.  Focus.

I assume that you are trying to make one of the following points.

1) Microdata should be a separate spec.  If so, the argument you are
making in this email is off topic at best.

2) Microdata is suboptimal for certain use cases.  If so, it this input
is not constructive.  Specific bug reports would be much more helpful.

3) Microdata is something that you would never use.  If you can cite
specifics about adoption by other people may make your life harder, that
would be helpful.  But again: specifics.

If you are trying to make a point other than one of these three, then I
simply don't understand the point that you are trying to make, and I
assume that others don't either.  If so, please try to get to the point.
  If not, then please move on.  General statements about vague dangers
won't convince anyone.

- Sam Ruby